Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic
Character races are limited to the core races only.
- All core classes are allowed as PC classes. Alternative Classes, Base Classes and Hybrid classes are only allowed if specifically mentioned in this document by name.
- One Archetype per class, and two Traits per character and one Drawback (optional) may be taken at the time of character creation.
Backgrounds, Bloodlines, etc which are based on an undead, demonic / devil heritage, etc are not appropriate for the campaign and thus not allowed at the time of character creation. Such effects are typically seen as a curse which are occasionally inflicted based upon campaign events.
Starting Character points: 20
Table: Ability Score Costs
Characters gain an additional stat point every even level, with feats every odd level. NOTE: Character base Stats may never be pushed higher than 18 + / – racial adjustment without some form of magical or alchemical assistance (Bull Strength, Barbarian Rage, etc).
Hit points: max HP at first level, following which roll twice (reroll any 1’s) and take the best result at each new level gain.
Bonus Spells from High Stats: All bonus spells are available at 1st level.
- Characters may have a max of 2 classes, with a level difference not greater that 2 levels between the classes (EX: Fighter 3/ Rogue 5). This is specifically to avoid “splashing” or “dipping” into another class for meta-gaming purposes.
- Only one spell casting class allowed in a multi-class IE; Sorc / Rogue. Divine casters are less restricted by this rule.
- Prestige Classes are BANNED. Make use of archetypes, backgrounds, traits, etc for character customization.
- Languages & Literacy are much more restricted under the LCM ruleset. Most people in the world are illiterate and only speak a single language. Mages, Clerics, Bards and classes with a similar “academic” background are literate as a class feature. (Refer to Skills and Feats for more information.)
The following classes are allowed in an LCM campaign.
Alchemist – Transmutation specialists
Bard – Divination & Transmutation magic
Cleric – Multi-class with Paladin or Inquisitor
Druid – Multi-class with Ranger
Inquisitor – Multi-class with cleric.
Magus – Evocation & Abjuration
Mesmerist – converted to an Arcane Partial Caster. May cast from Enchant and Illusion schools, or those specifically listed as “Telepathy” or “Mental”.
Ninja – Unchained
Paladin – multi-class with cleric
Priest – Temple leaders, light armor / better spells, may not multi-class
Psychic – rewritten as an Arcane Caster. Wizard Specialist: Enchantment / Illusion – see Mesmerist above
Ranger – multi-class with Druid
Rogue – Unchained
Sorcerer – non-specialist casters, more limited in spells.
Warpriest – As much warrior as Priest
Wizard – Must specialize in a type of magic.