Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic
- Our campaign setting is based upon the official Pathfinder Campaign world of Golarion, however it should be noted that the LCM ruleset is tailored to reflect a lower magic, and more harsh environment than in the canon product. The HBO series "Game of Thrones", the Witcher 2 & 3 video games, and the Lord of the Rings movies are excellent benchmarks for the campaign.
NOTE: the campaign demographics for an LCM campaign are very different than those found in a typical campaign.
- Magic & magic items are far less common. Magic spells are capped at 7th level, and 0 Level / Cantrips / Orisons are banned. The number of spell casters in the campaign have been dramatically reduced compared to most campaigns. Most magic items have been replaced by high quality exotic goods & masterwork items, or alchemical creations.
- The Wealth by Level (WBL) system is not used in LCM campaigns. Actual magic items are extremely rare (but do exist) in the campaign, and encounters / monsters have been scaled to account for their rarity.
- Variant rules are in place for both magic and combat. Please be sure to review both of these sections carefully.
- Injuries and Conditions (poison, disease, bleed effects from Massive Damage wounds, etc) are much more dangerous and difficult to treat under the LCM Ruleset. (reference Death, Damage and Healing)
- Our campaign uses the Slow Progression xp chart and is tracked as a group. Any NPC / PC above 8th level is very rare, with a campaign hard cap at 13th level. Most of the people in the world are illiterate commoners with only 1 – 3 levels.
Alignment has been relaxed greatly and now is merely a reflection of a character's general outlook, religion or philosophy on life. Spells which detect alignment, or otherwise target based on alignment no longer function or only target members who are for / against a given faith. Spells which target "evil", now specifically target Undead, Demons/Devils, etc or provide a bonus to Sense Motive.
The following websites contain all of the OGL material and account for about 95% of all material in the campaign:
The campaign setting – A little about the area of Lastwall, who are the neighbors, etc
Races of Lastwall – a few notes on racial optimizations that I noticed while building characters which fit their “feel” and theme. NOTE: Gnomes are not allowed as a PC race as they do not fit well within the campaign.
Character Generation – critical – Read this stuff!
Spells and Magic – critical – Read this stuff!
Combat – critical – Read this stuff!
Death, Damage and Healing – critical – Read this stuff!
For higher level characters (usually above 6th level within the campaign) the option for Followers and Hirelings become one to consider as a possible option.
Useful links can be found here.