the campaign demographics

  • Level cap for the campaign is 13 for PC’s, 10 for NPC’s.
  • Spell level cap is 6th (anything beyond 4th level is considered very rare), and 0 Level spells / Cantrip / Orisons are banned.
  • Under the LCM spell casters (of any class) make up only 2% of the total population, and non-spell casting PC classes account for an additional 4% of the population. 85% are commoners (farmers, laborers, etc), 6% are warriors, 2% are experts and 1% are Aristocrats.
  • Of the 2% of the population which are casters, fully half of them (1%) are Alchemists. .70% are Divine casters & .30% are Arcane.
  • For Divine Casters 80% are partial casters (Ranger, Paladin, Inquisitor, Warpriest, etc) and the remaining 20% are either Priests or Druids. In more developed kingdoms Priests are far more common than druids and thus seen about 95% of the time. In remote tribal settings those numbers are reversed.
  • For Arcane classes 75% are partial classes and 25% are full casters. Much like the Priests / Druid relationship, Wizards are the norm in developed areas but Witches are more common in rural areas. This is due to the way such skills are learned. Wizards are academics who are taught their mastery of magic, where as Witches had to learn magic through dangerous pacts and bargains.

Levels for the casters were broken down across spell levels as such:

1st Level – L1 Spells – 46% of the total caster population world wide
3rd Level – L2 Spells – 22%
5th Level – L3 Spells – 15%
7th Level – L4 Spells – 10%
9th Level – L5 Spells – 5%
11th Level – L6 Spells – 2% (these make up only the rarest and most powerful casters in the world such as the Lord-General Mortekei of the Battlemages)

the campaign demographics

Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic lazlo_campaign lazlo_campaign