Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic
Deviations from the cannon D20 class
- Domains are gained two at 1st LvL plus an additional domain at levels 4, 8, & 12
- Archetypes (and other considerations) which state the cleric only get one Domain because they have chosen XX trait, archetype etc still gain additional domains as they increase in level, however at a slower pace. In such cases the additional domains are gained at levels 5 & 10, for a total of 3 domains at level 10 vs 5 at level 12.
- Because of the way the LCM Spell Matrix works, Clerics do not automatically convert spells to Cure X Wounds spells.
- Domain Spells are always considered memorized for the day as part of the clerics normal spell matrix.
- Non-Domain spells are limited to 3rd level or lower.
- Meta-magic applied to a Domain spell is granted a – 1 level bonus against the cost.
• Cleric spell matrix may be changed anytime they are at a shrine or temple dedicated to their deity.
Channel Energy – Variant
A Cleric channels a burst of positive energy in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. As this is a divine effect it will automatically target the Cleric’s allies and heal them for an amount equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond first. Undead & Demons caught within the burst instead take this same amount of healing as damage which may not be resisted and bypasses all forms of DR and Energy Resistance the creature may possess.
War Domain: Bed of Iron has been added
Good Domain: Healing and Protective magic is increased by the caster’s Wisdom bonus.
Healing Domain: Allows for the casting of all curative spells. Cure X Wounds are each permanently added to the Daily Matrix of the caster.
Appropriate Archetypes for the LCM campaign setting:
Roaming Exorcist – typically found in the company of Inquisitors and Paladins
*New Archetype: Priest
The Priest’s class skills are Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier.
1) Clerics of the Priest Archetype may not multiclass nor may they possess a secondary archetype
2) Priests may not take any character customization option (such as feats), which increases her martial abilities, such as adding weapon & armor proficiency. Other traits, feats & background customization options remain available to them normally.
3) Priests have the same saves, HP and BAB as the Wizard.
4) Priests have 3 domains at first level and gain an additional domain at levels 4, 8 & 12.
5) Priests use a D8 for channel energy attempts
6) Priests immediately Gain access to the Leadership feat at 6th level. They never gain a cohort, instead they gain 4 bodyguards whose alignment are within one step of the Priest. The CR of which, as a group, is equal to the priests level, IE level 10 LG Priest = 4 × 6th level body guards. These body guards are typically paladins or fighters. Core caster classes are not available as bodyguards.
NOTE: The Priest archetype may be chosen past 1st level, over writing any other archetypes in the process. This represents the Cleric advancing further in their role within their Temple, however once chosen is a permanent transition for the character. This option is not available if the cleric has chosen to multi-class.