Lazlo COS Pathfinder
Skills and Feats
Skills and Feats
The number of skill ranks you gain when taking a level in one of the base classes is shown on Table: Skill Ranks. Humans gain 1 additional skill rank per class level. Characters who take a level in a favored class have the option of gaining 1 additional skill rank or an additional hit point . If you select a level in a new class, all of its class skills are automatically added to your list of class skills, and you gain +3 bonus ranks to each of them as part of your “basic training” for the class. – this is per the core rules.
- Cleave The Cleave line is being redefined as “hits opponents adjacent and within reach to you” instead of “adjacent to each other”. Meaning they may be surrounding you vs having to stand in a line next to each other. NOTE: This clarification makes the cleave line a VERY strong contender against the whirlwind feat, and more usable at lower levels.
- Toughness adds a flat +3 HP +1 per LvL after 1st. Additionally adds +3 to Damage Threshold to avoid massive damage effects.
- Spell Penetration I – III adds a +1 to +3 damage bonus per dice respectively for Evocation magics, and similar bonuses for non-evocation spells such as increase HD or number of targets effected, max number of rounds, number of commands issues or questions asked, etc. Note: This may only be added to your Specialty / Domain magic anyway and thus does not get the “double bonus” like Spell Focus when used on the Spec / Domain magic school.
- Two Weapon Fighting TWF has been reduced to a single feat which scales every +5 BAB. In other words there is no longer a need invest in Improved TWF, & Greater TWF.
- Ambidexterity requires feat: Two Weapon Fighting. Allows a player to reduce the 2wpn fighting penalties by -2 on both hands
- Combat Casting adds a flat +4 to avoid disruption of your spells
- Pinpoint Targeting has been modified. May be taken at BAB +13 to align with campaign level caps
- Spell Mastery permanently adds the chosen Arcane Spells (of your specialty school) to your list of memorized spells for the day much like the Clerical Domain spells.
- Knowledge: Arcana now covers all aspects of both Know: Arcana & Spellcraft as a single skill. As such Know: Arcana is a free skill which all Arcane casters know as an aspect of mastering their spell casting abilities. This skill now covers Knowledge: planes for Arcane casters.
- Knowledge: Religion now covers all aspects of both Know: Religion & Spellcraft as a single skill. As such Know: Religion is a free skill which all Divine casters know as an aspect of mastering their spell casting abilities. This skill now covers Knowledge: planes for Divine casters.
- Vital Strike is a standard action.
- Evasion + 4 bonus to Ref Saves, Improved Evasion + 4 bonus and roll twice for the save, take the best result
- Use Magic Item – Banned
Magic items in my campaign are never random, either you are intended to be able to use the device or you are not.
- Knowledge: Planes – Banned
This skill is now covered under Knowledge: Arcana (for Arcane casters) and Knowledge: Religion (for Divine casters)
- Haste Effects
Haste effects include things like Flurry of Blows and Rapid Shot, or similar effects, do not stack with magics of similar nature such as Haste, Weapons of Speed, etc for additional attacks per round. Haste magic would however still apply its other bonuses such as speed increase and dodge bonus however.
- Declare before roll abilities are now “Declare after roll”. Example: You have a special cleric domain ability, magic item, extraordinary ability or feat which allows you to reroll initiative or attack / damage rolls, etc but you have to declare if you will activate the ability before making the roll and thus trusting in luck that you will actually be ABLE to use the effect at all. Thus if the roll misses the effect is wasted. This effect has now been modified to allow the PC to declare the effect AFTER they get confirmation of success on the roll.