Lazlo COS Pathfinder
Skills and Feats
Skills and Feats
The number of skill ranks you gain when taking a level in one of the base classes is shown on Table: Skill Ranks. Humans gain 1 additional skill rank per class level. Characters who take a level in a favored class have the option of gaining 1 additional skill rank or an additional hit point . If you select a level in a new class, all of its class skills are automatically added to your list of class skills, and you gain +3 bonus ranks to each of them as part of your “basic training” for the class. – this is per the core rules.
- Weapon Finesse – adds Dex to Damage for melee weapons which are small, light or specifically labeled “finesse”
- Cleave The Cleave line is being redefined as “hits opponents adjacent and within reach to you” instead of “adjacent to each other”. Meaning they may be surrounding you vs having to stand in a line next to each other. NOTE: This clarification makes the cleave line a VERY strong contender against the whirlwind feat, and more usable at lower levels.
- Toughness adds a flat +3 HP +1 per LvL after 1st. Additionally adds +3 to Damage Threshold to avoid massive damage effects.
- Spell Penetration I – III adds a +1 to +3 damage bonus per dice respectively for Evocation magics, and similar bonuses for non-evocation spells such as increase HD or number of targets effected, max number of rounds, number of commands issues or questions asked, etc. Note: This may only be added to your Specialty / Domain magic anyway and thus does not get the “double bonus” like Spell Focus when used on the Spec / Domain magic school.
- Combat Casting adds a flat +4 to avoid disruption of your spells
- Spell Mastery permanently adds the chosen Arcane Spells (of your specialty school) to your list of memorized spells for the day much like the Clerical Domain spells.
- Knowledge: Arcana now covers Know: Arcana, Know: Planes, & Spellcraft
- Knowledge: Religion now covers Know: Religion, Know: Planes & Spellcraft
- Vital Strike is a standard action.
- Evasion + 4 bonus to Ref Saves, Improved Evasion + 4 bonus and roll twice for the save, take the best result
- Use Magic Item – Banned
Magic items in my campaign are never random, either you are intended to be able to use the device or you are not.
- Magic Item Creation Feats – BANNED – low level items such as Scroll and Potion creation have become restricted (read: BANNED) under the LCM Ruleset. Potions are now covered under alchemy and Scrolls are now the research notes from other mages trying to learn a new spell (they grant bonuses to learning / creating such a spell depending on whose notes they were)
- Skill Focus adds + 3 to the skill
- Haste Effects
Haste effects include things like Flurry of Blows and Rapid Shot, or similar effects, do not stack with magics of similar nature such as Haste, Weapons of Speed, etc for additional attacks per round. Haste magic would however still apply its other bonuses such as speed increase and dodge bonus however.
- Declare before roll abilities are now “Declare after roll”. Example: You have a special cleric domain ability, magic item, extraordinary ability or feat which allows you to reroll initiative or attack / damage rolls, etc but you have to declare if you will activate the ability before making the roll and thus trusting in luck that you will actually be ABLE to use the effect at all. Thus if the roll misses the effect is wasted. This effect has now been modified to allow the PC to declare a “do over” effect AFTER they get confirmation of success on the roll.
- Linguistic Training Bards may raise Language skills 2pts per level.