Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic
Skills and Feats
Skills and Feats
Any special skill, feat, or class ability which is usable once per day is considered to automatically reset at the beginning of the gaming session (thus insuring it is usable at least once per gaming session).
- Alchemical Goods and Services
- Alchemical Weapons
- Ultimate Equipment – Alchemy Equipment
- Alchemy from the Realms
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Alchemy Manual
These are excellent reference points for alchemy. At this point only RAW creations for alchemy will be allowed, no ad-hoc creations at the table. Mundane alchemical creations with a craft DC higher than 15 are restricted to the Alchemist & Druid classes.
- Linguistics Language is a much more restricted skill under the LCM. Intelligence sets the limit for how many languages a character may learn, but does not automatically add additional languages spoken to the character. For every 5 ranks in linguistics the character may speak one additional language. If the character is already literate in their base language it is assumed they are also literate in any language they learn from Linguistics.
Literacy: All classes and Archetypes which do not carry an academic / educated theme are considered to be illiterate (which is to say most of the people in the world).
Prerequisites Con 14, + 5 BAB
Benefit: You recover from all forms of damage (Hit Points, Ability damage, and subdual damage) at twice the normal rate. Any circumstances that increase the rate of natural healing (long term care arising from the Heal Skill, for example) increase your natural healing rate to three times the normal rate if resting, or twice the normal rate if you continue to be active.
- Weapon Finesse – adds Dex to Damage for melee weapons which are small, light or specifically labeled “finesse”
- Cleave Cleave has been clarified as “hits opponents within melee reach to you” instead of “adjacent to each other”. Meaning they could be positioned surrounding you vs having to stand in a line next to each other.
- Combat Expertise is limited to your max dex bonus, or the max dex bonus of your armor, whichever is higher
- Combat Reflexes is limited to your max dex bonus, or the max dex bonus of your armor, whichever is higher
In addition to its normal effects adds an additional + 1 Damage Threshold to avoid massive damage effects
- Spell Focus when applied to Domain Schools, or Specialized schools add a + 2 bonus. Greater spell focus pushes this to a + 2 (+ 4 for Domain / Spec school).
- Spell Penetration – BANNED due to changes in the magic system (and fewer amounts of creatures with SR)
- Combat Casting adds a flat +4 bonus to Concentration to avoid disruption of your spells
- Spell Mastery permanently adds the chosen Arcane Spells (of your specialty schools) to your list of memorized spells for the day much like the Clerical Domain spells or sorcerer bloodline spells.
- Knowledge: Arcana now covers Know: Arcana, Know: Planes, Read Magic: Arcane & Spellcraft. This skill is now a class feature of the Wizard class, gained and leveled automatically as a part of their class advancement.
- Knowledge: Religion now covers Know: Religion, Know: Planes, Read Magic: Divine & Spellcraft. This skill is now a class feature of the Priest and Cleric classes, gained and leveled automatically as a part of their class advancement.
- Vital Strike (and it’s variants Improved and Greater) has been clarified as a standard action.
- Evasion- + 4 bonus to Ref Saves, Improved Evasion + 4 bonus (for the original Evasion feat) and roll twice for the save, take the best result
- Use Magic Item – Banned
Magic items in my campaign are never random, either you are intended to be able to use the device or you are not.
- Magic Item Creation Feats – Are BANNED except as stated below The only potions commonly available are those which can be made with alchemy per RAW. The only except to this rule can be found under the Alchemist class description. Mundane alchemical creations with a craft DC higher than 10 are restricted to the Alchemist & Druid classes.
- Healing Skill
Refer to Death, Damage and Healing
Leadership may only be taken at level 6 or higher. This is typically reflects a guild leadership role, military appointment, role in temple leadership, etc. The cohort feature is not available, instead replace with a + 4 bonus to leadership checks and a + 2 bonus to leadership ranking.