Lazlo COS Pathfinder
Skills and Feats
Skills and Feats
Any special skill, feat, or class ability which is usable once per day is considered to automatically rest at the beginning of the gaming session (thus insuring it is usable at least once per gaming session).
- Alchemical Goods and Services
- Alchemical Weapons
- Ultimate Equipment – Alchemy Equipment
- Pathfinder Player Companion: Alchemy Manual
These are excellent reference points for alchemy. At this point only RAW creations for alchemy will be allowed, no ad-hoc creations at the table.
Alternate Crafting Rules – still under review, not allowed for game play as of yet
- Language & Literacy Exotic languages such as Orc and High Elf require a feat to learn, Dwarven is its own language however Dwarves also speak common. Everyone in the campaign world is considered to speak common (except as noted above). NOTE: language is not a “skill” under the LCM Ruleset, nor is it simply a facet of having a high Int score.
All classes and Archetypes which do not carry an academic / educated theme are considered to be illiterate (which is to say most of the people in the world).
- Weapon Finesse – adds Dex to Damage for melee weapons which are small, light or specifically labeled “finesse”
- Cleave The Cleave line is being redefined as “hits opponents adjacent and within reach to you” instead of “adjacent to each other”. Meaning they may be surrounding you vs having to stand in a line next to each other. NOTE: This clarification makes the cleave line a VERY strong contender against the whirlwind feat, and more usable at lower levels.
- Toughness in addition to its normal effects, adds +3 to Damage Threshold to avoid massive damage effects.
- Spell Focus when applied to Domain Schools, or Specialized schools add a + 2 bonus.
- Spell Penetration – BANNED due to changes in the magic system (and fewer amounts of creatures with SR)
- Combat Casting adds a flat +4 to avoid disruption of your spells
- Spell Mastery permanently adds the chosen Arcane Spells (of your specialty school) to your list of memorized spells for the day much like the Clerical Domain spells or sorcerer bloodline spells.
- Knowledge: Arcana now covers Know: Arcana, Know: Planes, Read Magic: Arcane & Spellcraft
- Knowledge: Religion now covers Know: Religion, Know: Planes, Read Magic: Divine & Spellcraft
- Vital Strike is a standard action.
- Evasion- + 4 bonus to Ref Saves, Improved Evasion + 4 bonus (for the original Evasion feat) and roll twice for the save, take the best result
- Use Magic Item – Banned
Magic items in my campaign are never random, either you are intended to be able to use the device or you are not.
- Magic Item Creation Feats – BANNED – low level items such as Scroll and Potion creation have become restricted (read: BANNED) under the LCM Ruleset. The only potions commonly available are those which can be made with alchemy per RAW and Scrolls are now the research notes from other mages trying to learn a new spell (they grant bonuses to learning / creating such a spell depending on whose notes they were)