Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic
- LCM Wizards are based off the Arcanist class. Their spell casting, spells per day, Arcanist exploits, etc are all drawn from the Arcanist. LCM Wizards are also specialists who must choose 2 opposed schools of magic from which they may not cast at all, and one school of magic which determines their highest levels of magic they can access. Only the spells from within their specialty may be cast at spell levels 4 – 6.
- PC’s can never specialize in Necromancy and it is always among one of the opposed schools chosen.
- Because LCM Wizards are based off the Arcanist base class they do not get specialist bonus spells like a typical specialist wizard would.
- Feat: Spell Mastery permanently adds spells to the Wizard’s spell matrix. While this does not increase the number of spells the Wizard may cast per day, it does increase the spells prepared for that day, thus adding increased flexibility.
- Spells levels are hard capped at 6th level.
- Wizards cantrips have been replaced with spell-like powers that the Wizard gains at level one. They are limited to Arcane Mark, Detect Arcane Magic, & Prestidigitation.
- Spell completion items (scrolls, wands, potions, etc) have been all but removed under the LCM Ruleset. Please see the Magic Items section.
- All Wizards automatically level several class skills without the need to expend skill point to do so. This is a new class feature: Know: Arcana, Know: Planes, & Spellcraft.
Restricted Magic: (as detailed under the Spells and Magic section)
Sub-School: Shadow Magic – BANNED
School: Necromancy – BANNED
Scrolls don’t exist – BANNED
Wands and Potions have been heavily rewritten
All Item creation Feats are BANNED
Spells gained per level, found as treasure, etc are all drawn from the Core Rule Book 1. Other spells may be introduced by the DM on a case by case basis to represent exotic magic.