Lazlo COS Pathfinder - Low Magic
- All Wizards are specialists under the LCM Ruleset.
- Feat: Spell Mastery permanently adds spells to the Wizard’s spell matrix. While this does not increase the number of spells the Wizard may cast per day, it does increase the spells prepared for that day, thus adding increased flexibility.
- Spells levels are hard capped at 6th level. Thus a 13th level mage under the LCM would never gain access to their 7th level spell.
- Wizards cantrips have been replaced with spell-like powers that the Wizard gains at level one. They are limited to Arcane Mark, Detect Arcane Magic, & Prestidigitation.
- Wizards get a Meta-Magic Bonus Feat at first level to off set the loss of Scribe Scroll (see below). This Feat must be specific to their school of specialization (such as Augment Summoning for a Conjuration Specialist).
- Spells from Non-specialty schools are limited to 3rd level or lower
- Spells from the Specialists opposed schools are permanently BANNED. Necromancy and 2 other schools are chosen by the player as opposed schools.
- Spell completion items (scrolls, wands, potions, etc) have been all but removed under the LCM Ruleset. Please see the Magic Items section.
- All Wizards automatically level several class skills without the need to expend skill point to do so. This is a new class feature: Know: Arcana, Know: Planes, & Spellcraft.
Restricted Magic: (as detailed under the Spells and Magic section)
Sub-School: Shadow Magic – BANNED
School: Necromancy – BANNED
Scrolls don’t exist – BANNED
Wands and Potions have been heavily rewritten
All Item creation Feats are BANNED